January 3, 2013

January 3, 2013 - Happy New Year!


Happy New Year!
Welp, I got through the holidays no worse for wear and I’m super excited about that!  The scale didn’t budge either way, and for me, that’s a huge accomplishment.  Overall, I did alright; not too crazy with all of the cookies and delicious treats around.  But, I certainly partook.  I honestly am crediting my crazy workout schedule because I certainly ate more than I had been before the holidays.
Basically, my philosophy during the last 3 weeks was simple; the convo went a little like this: 
Me to Myself:  Ugh, the last thing I want to do is work out today! 
Myself to Me:  Guess that means you better get your ass in gear & work out.
And that is exactly what I did.  I didn’t get a chance to get to the gym because my mom was here, so my handy elliptical got quite a workout itself.  AND, I got caught up on most of my trash TV, heh heh.  Hey, I’ve told you before, I’m not ashamed of my reality shows; they get me through the workouts!
I have to admit, I got a little, teensy bit nervous to get on the scale.  I mean, I had every intention of waiting to weigh until I could be good for at least a week straight after the New Year.  But then I decided I better just bite the bullet and see what the damage was.  I wanted to know how I was starting off the year.  I gave Myself the pep talk beforehand:  “Okay, you’re going to be okay no matter what it says.  You WILL NOT freak out; you will OWN what it says and you will take that information and move forward and you will NOT beat yourself up!”  I honestly, had my eyes closed and peeked.  Well, imagine my surprise to have remained the same and how VERY thankful I was that I listened to Myself…she’s alright.
But here’s an interesting thing that happened while I was avoiding my stupid friend, The Scale, and enjoying some yummy treats.  Even though I was working out like a crazy person, I was still not eating as well as I usually do and my whole mentality was really off as I got closer to having to weigh.  I started feeling bloated and fat.  I tried on a bunch of clothes that day and nothing felt good; nothing felt right or flattering.  I just KNEW that bitch was going to tell me that I had gained 10lbs.  But I hadn’t…not even an ounce.
Basically, my point is that doing what we need to do and what is right to get healthy makes us feel better.  It just does.
So, it’s the New Year and my healthy goal (NOT a resolution!) is simple:  Keep doing what I know I need to do and don’t lose momentum!  And for Gawd’s sake, give Myself some credit for all of her hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment