September 22, 2012

Septemer 22, 2012

It's officially Fall!! Or Autumn if you're super fancy ;o)  It's been a little while since I posted but honestly, it's not for any other reason than I've been busy!  My honey and I have spent every weekend this month camping in our RV.  We are having the best time and it's so nice to have a relaxing weekend to look forward to!  We were so busy over the summer that we had so few relaxing days.  This has been great.  We sleep in a little bit, we don't feel like we HAVE to do anything.  I can even get him to walk around with me for exercise!  At home, he never wants to walk!  Must be nice to be blessed with good metabolism and you don't have to think about it every minute of every day like me ;o)  Of course, he's a FedEx courier so he spends his days working out, lol.

Anyway, our relaxing weekends have also put me behind in coming up with recipes to try for the blog, but also helped me to get creative.  For instance today we are here at the campground and I'm making a healthy beef stroganoff in the crockpot!

Regarding the scale, I've had a few ups and downs but have lost another pound since my last update in August.  I'm starting to get less frustrated when that happens...I think it's because by now, I'm starting to understand exactly what my body needs to lose weight.  It's the strangest thing but when I have a week when I haven't eaten enough, I either remain the same or gain - I hate that!  But what I realized is that even though it's frustrating as hell and annoying beyond belief, I know that I did what I was supposed to do that week to be healthy.  The worst part would be if I gained when I had a few bad days, but for some strange reason that doesn't happen.  It's THOSE weeks when I actually lose!  Of course, that's not enough to make me want to eat like that all the time ;o)  I know now that I have to watch every calorie and work out 5-6 days a week.  It's not always going to be like that but right now, it's what I have to do.

Last weekend when we were here, I actually jogged a little bit - GASP!  Some of you may not know that I DESPISE running...literally, I hate it.  Mostly because I feel like I already put enough burden on my poor knees that to add bouncing and bounding into the equation certainly can't help...But my dear running friend Missy has been seeing a trainer to help her with her running form and she's been sharing it with me so I decided to try it.  I couldn't believe it but I actually did JOG (as opposed to walk really fast) and I could do it for a good while!  The only reason I had to stop is that there are paved sections here and gravel sections and I am NOT the most graceful person so I'm not even going to chance running on gravel.  Anyway, I am going to try it again this week and see how long I can do it again - maybe I can go farther today??

So check back next week for that healthy beef stroganoff recipe - it smells so good in the camper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment